Pages

Monday, December 15, 2014

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Candy Cane



I'm on a roll here...2nd challenge entry of the day.  And I think this is going to be it for 2014.  I'm leaving at the end of this week to spend the holidays with family 800 miles away.  So it's time to focus on everything that needs to get done by years end.

But, I couldn't pass up this challenge.  I'm absolutely in love with anything "candy cane" during the christmas season!  

I enjoyed all the Curtain Crew's projects, and I don't think I picked just one card as my inspiration.  But when I saw Amy Kolling's card with the peppermint stripe background, I knew I had to locate some peppermint paper in my stash and use it for my background too!

So here is my entry, thank you for stopping by, I love that you visit me and hope you'll leave a comment and consider following my blog!



On my project I used: EchoPark Christmas Cheer striped paper, GinaK Blue Denim cut out with Lil'Inkers Stitched rounded rectangle.  LawnFawn Stitched Hills for the snowbank, recollections gems swirled on the snow.  Avery Elle "Let it Snow" for the trees and cardinals and the "Christmas" Banner is by SimonSaysStamp in their "Home for the Holidays" set.



5 comments:

  1. To me candy canes are soooo Christmasy. We would hang them on the tree every year as kids and get that big fat peppermint stick in our stockings. I don't actually like candy canes but they still mean Christmas to me! Your bird card is wonderful! Those birds made me go "squee!" What a lovely winter card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that set is on of my favs from Avery Elle! And I think I like the look of candy canes more than the taste, they are just so pretty! I've joined your blog, I hope you'll consider joining mine too! Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  2. You did a fantastic job with your own candy cane border, AJ!! I just love your scene with those fun birdies! Have a wonderful time enjoying the holidays with your family! Be safe in your travels!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! Love the colors and the framing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi AJ! Gorgeous cards! Love the first one! :) Thank you for stopping by today and leaving such a lovely comment, i'm so glad you like the card! Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete