Pages

Friday, March 31, 2017

Unity Stamp Company Blooming Rebecca Girl


Hi everyone!  Today I'm showing off something really different.  It's not often that I use my stamps for anything but cards.  But I recently joined a Secret Sister Swap, (a group of crafters that are assigned secret partners to spoil with crafting supplies).  One of the requirements was that each sister creates a handmade gift to include in the package.  Now that my sister has received her box of goodies, I'm free to show this off!

My sister's fav color combo was grey and yellow.  So I purchased this frame from Michael's and painted it with acrylic paints.  I stamped out this GORGEOUS image, Blooming Rebecca Girl one of the Angie Girl images drawn by Angie Blom for Unity Stamp Company.  I colored her with Copics and shaded around the image verrrrry carefully using Weathered Wood distress ink.  I distressed the grass using Twisted Citron and Forest Moss distress inks.  I stamped the sentiment right in the center of the grass and she was ready to be framed!  

I have a really nice collection of buttons and wooden doo dads, so I decided to create a collage of them in opposite corners.  I found that when I layered the wood shapes and added a bit of color, they really popped.  I took the tiny leaves and dipped them in some distress ink and I love the extra color they provide.

So that's it, I really hope you've enjoyed my Unity Stamp framed project.  I hope you'll leave a comment and consider following my blog!


2 comments:

  1. wow!wow! WOW! Apparently all the secret sisters I've ever had are complete losers compared to you (okay, that's totally not fair but it had to be said). This is fabulous. Your coloring is great to start with but then add in the wooden background and all those fabulous doo dads in the corners. Awesome sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is REALLY pretty. Anyone would be trilled to receive this and show it off. Gorgeous shading and the buttons look amazing.

    ReplyDelete