Pages

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Fishing Father's Day Card


Hi everyone!  Popping in here to show off some new dies I got from Gina Marie Designs.  I think we can all agree, it is at times difficult to create great masculine cards.  This die set will help many of us out, especially if the men in your family are anglers like mine!

I just used a red copic to color the lure and the fish was distressed in some green and salmon color.  It's supposed to be a rainbow trout..but you probably need to use your imagination on this one a little..hehe..I don't color fish very often!  

How about that birch base???  Omgoodness, I'm a birch tree nut.  We grew up with them up north and they are an iconic part of my childhood.  This stamp really nails the great outdoor feeling of fishing on the lake with birch trees all around.  It will be a go-to stamp for me from now on!

I'll give you a quick run down of product I used to create this card!



I found this freebie sentiment that I resized to 1", I'm linking the creator's blog here where you can find inspiration, digis and SVG files, etc. Bird'sCards Blog

Thanks everyone..happy creating!!

I'm supporting the following challenges with my card!

Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes

1 comment:

  1. Awesome card! I find manly cards hard when I need to make them but not as hard when I'm just puttering around. I know some people despair that masculine themes include tools, sports, or fishing when maybe their man doesn't do those. My father never did but he appreciated that it was masculine. Srly, if someone's man gets mad over a totally cool card like this fishing one, he should be dumped immediately and the card maker should get dog. Yes, I have spoken.

    ReplyDelete