Pages

Friday, November 21, 2014

Friday nights all right for Stampin!



Hello weekend!  So happy that it's Friday and we're in safely for the night.  I've been working on my holiday cards today and have nothing to post here yet..so for now I thought I'd share one of my fav all time cards.  I made this last year for my baby brother on his 41st birthday.  

First off, I've got something about old trucks.  My husband happens to own a 1959 Chevy Truck with the step sides and wood slatted bed.  It's pretty darned awesome, I have to admit!  He found it while driving on the backroads of Alabama and bought it from the original owner!  After doing a little research, we found that the red paint job was not original.  This gorgeous turquoise is!  Now I'm finding myself seeking out old truck stamps and coloring them turqoise!  I think I'm trying to send him subliminal messages to return the truck to it's original glory!

This stamp set is titled Loads of Love by Stampin Up.  There was no trailer in that set, just the truck. So I masked off the front of the truck image, inked up the rear end and stamped it again behind the truck.  I finished it by drawing in the front end of the trailer and a little hitch!  I had to have a way to tow all these puppies!  Paper by Basic Grey and PTI.  Image colored by Copic, (and me of course).  


1 comment:

  1. I love this idea for a male for birthday or father's day, thanks.

    ReplyDelete