Pages

Monday, November 19, 2018

Penny Black All Lit Up + MFT Delightful Deer Die-Namics


FYI, this is my second post today, if you're looking for Day 1 of the Newton's Nook Designs reveals, please click here: Newton's Nook Designs Day 1

Hi everyone, I'm up on the Butterfly Reflections Ink blog today with a project I created using my favorite theme, nature and deer combined!  Add in a little distress inking and WOW!  

So I started with an A2 sized panel. I cut a hill using Newton's Nook Designs Land Borders to create a mask for the bottom. I distress inked from center of my panel, working outward using a combination of yellows, greens and blues. I inked all the way down to the hill, then removed it to leave the white of the card appearing to be a snow hill.

Now I take this GORGEOUS stamp, All Lit Up by Penny Black and stamp it using VersaFine Black Onyx ink. Using my MISTI, I was able to stamp it twice to get a nice dark impression. I then cut white acrylic paint 50/50 and tapped it on my night sky using a small paint brush.

You'll notice on the image, there are little circles where you'd color in your lights or ornaments. I chose to use Nuvo Drops in gold and silver. While all that was drying, I cut out a deer from Lawn Fawn kraft paper using MFT Die-Namics Delightful Deer.  I sponged the underneath of the deer in Ranger Frayed Burlap Distress ink. 


So my card was all dry and ready for me to glue down the banner and foam pop the deer to finish my scene!

Thanks for joining me today, make sure to run over to the Butterfly Reflections Ink. shop and grab some of these awesome products for your holiday cards!



No comments:

Post a Comment