Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Kat Scrappiness Stitched and Layered Christmas Tree



Hi everyone!  Today I'm here with Kat Scrappiness showing off Kat's original die, the Stitched and Layered Christmas Tree!  Isn't this a beauty?  In fact, I'm so crazy about this die, I've decided to use it for my christmas cards this year!  But for now, I hope you enjoy this chilly fall night scene!



So for this card, I cut out my tree in MFT Gumdrop Green and distress inked the bottom edge of the layers in Forest Moss.  I set that aside and worked on my base.  I used MFT Natural as my base color.  I then took a piece of MFT Tropical Teal, cut it out with the largest Kat Scrappiness Sitched Rectangle  and distressed it with Mermaid Lagoon and Chipped Sapphire.   The houses were cut using Lawn Fawn Little Town Border Die in MFT Eggplant cardstock and then distressed with Black Soot at the bottom. Then I ran my town through my Big Shot using the same sized stitched rectangle, so that it would match up with the blue background.  I cut my harvest moon with a Stitched Circle by Kat Scrappiness using MFT Lemondrop cardstock and then distressed with Fossilized Amber and a little bit of Carved Pumpkin and Tea Dye.  

I assembled the background and then added my big pine tree in layers with a foam tape background to pop it up!  I worked from the trunk up.  I was looking for a sentiment and "Purely Labeled Sentiments" by Mudra stood out.  I chose the You & Me, because there's something very romantic about a chilly fall starless sky with a big ol' harvest moon.  So, I stamped it out with VersaFineOnyxBlack ink and just hand trimmed leaving a bit of white border.  I popped it up with foam tape as well.  

Lastly, I tied a bit of twine and decorated my tree with sequins that didn't overpower the tree, I wanted the tree to take front and center stage.  So, I choose the Mello Yellow mix by Kat Scrappiness.  This happens to be one of my very favorite mixes.  I love green, I love Mello Yellow and I thought they looked perfect in little clusters all over the tree!

 

 

                                  


These products and more can be found at Kat Scrapiness!  Thank you very much for stopping!  


I've entered the following challenges with this project:



9 comments:

  1. Well you sure know how to work a die cut! The sponging on this is sheer perfection! Gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very cool tree. I like that it is layered and that you can just make it a pine tree or decorate it up to be a Christmas tree. I really like those flat sequins! That's better than cupped ones (which I find flake off too easy). I hope that becomes a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning with the scene you've created here! I just love your use of the different dies!! Awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty. LOVE those dies. I haven't seen some of those yet. Thanks for joining us at Sunny Day Crafting!
    ~DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sunny Day Crafting, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic tree! I can see how you would decide to use it for your Christmas cards. I love the chilly night scene you created.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you did the tree! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely tree die and a great card

    Thanks for joining us at cardz4guyz this week

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fab scene made from those equally fab die cuts!
    Thanks for joining in at Cardz4Guyz. :)

    ReplyDelete