Pages

Friday, September 18, 2015

MFT Superstar Challenge - Farm Scene

One more entry into the MFT Superstar Challenge...if you haven't entered yet, you've got until tomorrow to upload, don't miss out!

I made this card for a very special person who is recovering from cancer surgery.  He's a senior in high school and last year helped lead his high school football team to a state championship.  A few months ago, it was discovered he had bone cancer and had to have his leg amputated.  

I've been asking all my card making friends to make and send cards so we fill his mailbox with cheerful cards and messages.  If you are interested, please email me at rutabagapiedesigns@gmail.com and I will share his address!


btw, he lives in Wisconsin's dairy country so that's why I chose this theme for him :)  And before I forget, I used all MFT cardstock and dies!  And my fav technique on this card is embossing where you wouldn't expect it.  I love how the sky turned all swirly once I ran the cardstock through in an embossing folder.  I had purchased this MFT barn die and animal set months ago and this is the first time I've used it!






                                   




Other challenges I've entered:



14 comments:

  1. That is the sweetest barnyard theme! I love your coloring and that wonderful, swirly sky! I'm so sorry to hear this news, it just shouldn't happen to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I'm sure he'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omgosh - this is just the coolest card, my son would ADORE this! So bright and cheerful, it belongs on a wall x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a fabulous card and I know he will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great cause and a wonderful card for him. Love your colouring and the little scene with the swirly embossed sky, looks fab.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous, AJ! Love the swirl embossed sky and vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Love the farm scene! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday "Love this Technique" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful and clever card! Love how the door opens. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, this is SO adorable! Love all the details and that door is fab. What a great cause too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome! I love scene cards and I've never made a farm scene. It's so cool how the barn doors open to reveal the adorable cow! What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh! I love your barn scene with the swirly sky and I screamed when I saw the door opened and there was a COW inside. Such a perfect fun card. Such a sad reason to need to send it though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous farm yard card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card must have made the top of his faves, AJ! It's fabulous! I'm so sorry that he has this tough journey in his life. Thank you for the link! And thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #5 ~ which was so long ago now! I’m sorry that nursing the Mister back to good health has delayed my visit to thank you. Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete