Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Stampendous Sunny Vase


Hello, we've got a gorgeous spring day here in SC, and I was able to get some nice natural sunlight to take a photo of my latest card.

Recently a really lovely friend of mine, gifted me with Polychromo Pencils.  I had been wanting to try these for a LONG time.  And waiting for a sale on them over Christmas proved fruitless.  In the meantime I'd purchased a set of "like polychromos" and they are actually really nice.  But now I've used the best and these really are as amazing as they are advertised.  That's not to say I won't use the others..but gotta say, these will be my go-tos!  So thank you soooo much Cathy, you are amazing!

I was recently cropping with my friend Kayla and we were playing around with this set, Stampendous Sunny Vase.  I love the pattern on the vase and of course cannot resist a beautiful sunflower.  One of my favorite images to color!


I used a variety of blues and greens to ink my background with distress inks and did a little watersplatter.  After my images were pencil colored, I did a little white acrylic wash splatter on them, just to add a little interest.  I cut the tiny tag out from this set by Newton's Nook Designs Tags Times Two on kraft cardstock. I had this little thank you sentiment in an older Stampendous stamp set, which is now obsolete.  However you can use any tiny sentiment.  I finished it off with a tiny twine bow and some Studio Katia Iridescent Clear Crystals.

Thanks for stopping and have a wonderful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment