Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2015

OSAT Blog Hop - Halloween/Fall



Hello everyone, so glad you're hopping along with us here at OSAT Blog Hop!  This month, the theme is Fall/Halloween, so grab your pumpkin spice lattes and let's have some fun!  You should have arrived here via the very talented Wynne Grob's blog!  If not, use the links below to go back so you don't miss seeing her beautiful projects!

So now, onto my Halloween/Fall entries!  I have to say, this was a super fun month for me, because I absolutely LOVE fall.  I ended up choosing Through The Trees by Papertrey Ink to play around with.  I did some multi-generational stamping to obtain the 3 colors on the leaves.  I used StampinUp More Mustard, Always Artichoke and Cajun Craze.  Starting with MM, I inked all the leaves and pressed down, then I went back with my AA and inked up all the leaves, but sponged off the middle, then pressed down.  Lastly, I applied my CC and sponged off all ink, but for the outer edges.  This gave me the perfect tri-colored look for my fall tree.  Lastly I added the trunk and stamped a few times for a really dark impression.  I couldn't be any happier with how this fall tree turned out.  Now, I'll be honest, I do not have one of those fancy stamping tools that allows numerous impressions.  I just used a CD case, with 2 layers of thin craft foam in the bottom, washi taped my cardstock onto the foam and went to town!

The challenge was turning this into a shaker card.  Shakers are not my strong suit, I make a lot of mistakes before I get it right.  But it's fun to challenge myself and I'm really happy with these results.  (don't ask how many rounds I had to scrap though!)  The striped background paper is by Doodlebug,  the frame was cut using MFT Rectangle Frame die and Jellybean Green cardstock.  I distressed the frame with some Brushed Corduroy Ranger Distress Ink and then heat embossed using 2 layers of Antique Gold.  Lastly, my fillings were sequins, beads and a few of the small stitched leaves by Impression Obsession (I distressed these as well) oh, and some tinsel glitter, (which I will probably leave out in future shakers due to the static cling on the acetate film front!)


So next up is my project.  I can't claim the idea for this cute lil'punkin, but I'm happy to share the link, so you can make a few for yourself!  Click Here for Instructions 

I ended up adding one more layer to the bottom of my pumpkin to make it a bit rounder/taller.  The great thing about this is, you could make your pumpkin shape a lot different, just by changing up how many layers you use and the width of the strips!  I used a sheet of 12x12 paper that I didn't particularly love, but as a pumpkin, it's wonderful!!  After the pumpkin was assembled, I sponged the edges with SU Pumpkin Pie ink to both add a little contrast AND hide the white core of the paper.  It looks more finished this way.  I used a few leaves from an old stamp set,  colored and ink spattered them, then cut out and glued to top. Then I added a twig, some twine and gold cord, a sweet little chipboard tag by MME and a green pearl by Doodlebug.  (Sometimes these tiny embellishments really make the project!)  Another little tip, use Hot Glue to glue your layers together, it holds very well and you'll have a sturdy finished piece!  It just dawned on me, using red cardstock, this would make a really cute apple!


Close up of the innards in my shaker card!


I know that was a lot of reading, I hope you enjoyed my projects for this month and thank you so much for stopping by!!!


Click the NEXT button below to head on to the next hopper, Megan Thompson's blog!
  1.  Maggie Mata--http://www.maggiemadecards.com/osat-blog-hop-halloweenfall/
  2.  Elizabeth--http://craftsbyhappystamper.com/2015/10/08/halloweenfall-osat-blog-hop/
  3.  Martie-https://martie-pollard.squarespace.com/welcome/osat-blog-hop-halloweenfall
  4.  Dena Rekow- http://www.thecreativitycave.com/my_weblog/2015/10/osat-blog-hop-halloween-fall.html
  5.  Tina Riddle - http://www.tinascropshop.com/2015/10/osat-blog-hop-halloweenfall.html
  6.  Terri Takashige - http://territerbear.blogspot.com/2015/10/osat-blog-hop-halloweenfall.html
  7.  Diane Squires     http://stampandembellish.com/2015/10/osat-blog-hop-halloweenfall-2/
  8.  Wynne http://cropsscissorspaper.blogspot.com/2015/10/osat-blog-hop-halloweenfall.html
  9.  AJ Bodine http://rutabagapiedesigns.blogspot.com/2015/10/osat-blog-hop-halloweenfall.html
  10.  Megan - http://meganttstamps.blogspot.com/2015/10/osat-blog-hop-halloweenfall.html
  11.  Renee Ondrajka - http://stampinwithrenee.blogspot.com/2015/10/osat-blog-hop-halloweenfall.html
  12.  Raquelle Cliton - http://ladyandherstamps.blogspot.com/2015/10/osat-blog-hop-halloween-fall-theme.html
  13.  Justin - http://wp.me/p5dZez-4CH
  14.  Lori Mueller -- http://www.stampindreams.com/my-blog/2015/10/osat-blog-hop-shares-october-halloween-fall-projects.html
  15. Jeanna Bohanon -- http://www.stamptimesomewhere.com/stamp_time_somewhere/2015/10/osat-blog-hop-halloweenfall.html
  16. Marisa Gunn -  http://dzinesbymeg.typepad.com/dzines_by_meg/2015/10/osat-october-fall-halloween-blog-hop.html
  17. Andrea Tucker -- http://onestampinmothertucker.blogspot.com/2015/10/osat-october-blog-hop-halloween-or-fall.html
  18. Tenia Nelson -- http://jazzypaper.blogspot.com/2015/10/halloween-fun.html

Other Challenges I've entered with my project:

31 comments:

  1. Your shaker card is beautiful and that little pumpkin is just adorable! Thanks for the link to the instructions. You're right, it would make a cute apple, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your shaker card AJ, a beautiful image and your sequins and leaves look fabulous inside the distressed frame. How sweet is this pumpkin?! Love it, and just made with rosettes how clever.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Fall themed projects! Love that beautiful tree and how you used some of the leaves as your shaker elements. And that pumpkin? Absolutely adorable! Such a fun 3-D project to make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shaker is beautiful! I love the fall filling and the distressed look. What a cute pumpkin! That's a great way to use 12x12s that aren't a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both projects...thank you for providing the link to the pumpkin...I *need* to make me some of those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh this is ABSOLUTELY adorable!!! Love the shaker, especially!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, you are an overachiever! Fabulous shaker card and such a sweet little pumpkin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work, thanks for sharing with Crafting for All Seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. both the card and pumpkin hands down get my vote for favorites...outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW both projects are awesome! Love that pumpkin! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at 2 Crafty Girls! We hope you’ll join us again real soon! Remember, you can enter THREE times! Good Luck!
    Darlene
    2 CRAFTY GIRLS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have been a busy gal. But I love your projects. The frame on the cards is so interesting with the distressed and gold finish. It really makes a gorgeous card. Thanks for playing in my challenge this week at the Mod Squad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've gotta try these pumpkins!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the dimensional pumpkin! Such great texture on it too. And, cute shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG!!! This shaker card and AMAZING pumpking! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...two wonderful projects! The shaker card is both beautiful and fun. And the pumpkin...I want to make several of these. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Fall projects. That pumpkin is amazing. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, wow! What a feast for the eyes! I absolutely love the distressed looking frame...that's my favorite part of your card! Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty shaker card! I love how you colored the tree and the innards are perfect. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love what you have made especially your pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the shaker card and the pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty!

    Thank you for participating in the last {PIN}Spirational Challenge. A new one has just begun... I hope you'll check it out and play along with it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A definite must do! Love your inspiration you have here!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Not sure which I love more! I adore shaker cards and now need to make a leaf one, but pumpkins just bring me joy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The card is so classic & Lovely, but that pumpkin has totally blown me away. Looks like it took a lot to put it together too. OH EMM GEE. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your projects! The shaker card is amazing! So glad you joined us at 2 Crafty Girls Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your pumpkin is so pretty! And your shaker card...stunning! I love the leaves and sequins in the shaker frame! Thanks for playing along at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  27. STUNNING! Shaker cards are my favorite, and I don't do them much. I love the autumn sequins and your amazing pumpkin! Thanks so much for playing at HSS! Erika

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love shaker cards and yours is very cute. Great job on our challenge. Thanks for playing with us at HSS.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations AJ!

    You have been selected as a Hand Stamped Sentiments Artist Pick for your design in our Color Challenge #222! You have earned the HSS Artist Pick Badge to display on your blog.


    Please contact me for the html for your badge of grab it from our blog site post.

    Thank you for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful creations!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete