Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2015

OSAT June Blog Hop - Happy Fathers Day or Man Cards



Hello and welcome to the June OSAT Blog Hop!  I hope you enjoyed Holly Stene's wonderful projects before you arrived here. This months theme is Father's Day or Man Cards.  I think quite often when we hear "man card",  we don't always consider a lot of bold or bright colors.  But, knowing the man that I created this card for, color and humor are his style!  I just ordered Tim Holtz's set, "Crazy Birds" and couldn't wait to ink them up!  There are 6 birds in the set and it was hard to decide which ones to ink up, they're all so much fun :)


In addition to the card, I decorated a purchased striped gift bag to match my card which was so simple!  Using scraps, I just stamped a partial image of the bird onto a white strip of cardstock, then pasted it on some teal cardstock.  I used a straight die with a zig zag border to create a decorative edge.  I finished it off with a bit of twine, filled the bag with some Werther's Originals and stapled it shut!  I plan to put the card and gift bag on top of my husband's wrapped gift for Father's Day!





Materials List:

Cardstock: MFT Tropical Teal, Black and Lemon Drop
Stamps: Crazy Birds by Tim Holtz
Zig Zag die cut on bag: Avery Elle Dotted Borders Die
Coloring: Copic Markers
Handsome Sign Die: MFT Pierced Rectangles
Sentiment on Gift Bag: SimonSaysStamp
Little Dots on Card: Pico Embellishers

I hope you've enjoyed my projects today, thank you for stopping by!  Please continue along the hop by clicking the next button to see what the super talented Andrea Pancrazio has in store for you!

 NEXT



















29 comments:

  1. I love these funky birds and your colouring and design on your projects is fabulous, love it.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh AJ, I am just in love with your crazy birds! Amazing job colouring them, they look like they're having a great time! ha! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen a couple of cards with these crazy birds! They are awesome. Very beautiful and the colors are so great! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are the coolest funkiest birds ever! I LOVE your projects! :) I'm ordering these stamps NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! Love your coloring on the birds! Boy do they POP! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those birds are so awesome!! Love your card

    ReplyDelete
  7. the coloring is amazing - I have been dabbling and it is hard! the gift bag topper is a great idea for any gift giving occasion

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! This is definitely the best card set I've seen with this stamp set! You did an amazing job coloring them also!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word those birds are DARLING!! :) Love how you've colored them in and all together too!! Darling creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your right, I would never think of using bright or bold colors on a man's card, but I love it! Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is completely cute and so beautifully colored. The bold colors are so wonderful. And I LOVE Werthers originals!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! I love what you have done with these funny birds--great bold and bright colors. So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. AJ! I can't tell how excited I am to have you on the hop!! Your goodies are amazing!! Can't wait to see what you come up with for Christmas in July!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love birds and these are the cutest birds ever!! Love both your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards! Love those birds! Thanks for leaving me comments on my blog and following me! I've returned the kindness! Love your work! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those birds couldn't be cuter! I love your bright colors and how you arranged them. The bag is so bold and wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This one of my favorite stamp sets. Love what you did with it. Thanks for the inspiration
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  19. These cards are beautiful dear and I must say that you have got a creative mind. I have hired party city locations NY for an event and for that I was not sure about decoration ideas. Can you help me with suggestions please?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi,
    Thanks for the information, really this is a nice Post , I love it. I hope that more and more Blogger will use this feature in the future, because it just makes the internet better I think !

    Happy Promise Day 2016 Images Pics Wishes,
    Promise Day 2016 SMS Wishes Quotes,
    Happy Promise Day Wishes Quotes Messages SMS
    When is Promise Day 2016 Date
    Promise Day Wishes Quotes SMS
    2016 Promise Day Wishes SMS

    ReplyDelete
  21. If you want more Fathers Day Images Photos and Wishes then it is the best blog out there.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You can find more useful 4th Of July Clipart Images from the link here

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have also gone through your other posts too and they are also very much appreciate able and I’m just waiting for your next update to come as I like all your posts.
    Friendship Day Text Messages

    ReplyDelete
  24. Book Flexible Coworking Space In Gurgaon. We allow easy plans with top-notch offices, services, and infrastructure at the most affordable prices in the market. our professional workspaces are the perfect solution, offering contemporary, fully furnished offices with excellent on-site facilities. Many of our centers can also provide co-working spaces as an affordable alternative to a private office . Read more- https://www.coworkingspaceingurgaon.co.in/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Roman is a professional in the field of software development, cloud, blockchain, and ICO with more than 10 years of experience. Being a passionate technologist, who wants to change the public cloud industry with the use of blockchain technology.Read more-https://www.unchainet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. David is a professional in the field of software development, cloud, blockchain, and ICO with more than ten years of experience. He is a passionate technologist, who wants to change public cloud industry by harnessing the power of blockchain technology.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Griffex bounty program from Griffex is called Proof-of-Care which gives an option to earn cryptocurrencies from Griffex

    ReplyDelete