Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sentimental Sundays Challenge #247: Single Layer Card


Hi Everyone!  Happy Sunday to everyone, I hope your week was wonderful!  

Today I've created a single layer card for my DT assignment over at Sentimental Sundays Challenge blog.  There is an AWESOME prize this week, so I suggest you play along!  Click here to play >>>> 




Before I talk about the card, I need to make a wee confession.  I have a problematic copic marker that somehow made it back into the pack.  This is the second time it's thrown up while coloring with it and I ruined the original stamped balloon (the last thing I was coloring on this card of course :))  Anyhow, I don't think I have enough colorless blender OR time to fix it, so I ended up having to die cut a balloon (Stamps of Life) and pasting over the top.  So I suppose you could say that my entry is not a TRUE single layer, but if not for quick thinking, I'd have had to start ALL over again.  So lets pretend it's the balloon that came with this stamp set.  For sanity's sake ;)

Speaking of the stamp set...ohhhh, can you stand the absolute cuteness of this one?  It's by Wplus9 and the set is called, "Unforgettable".  You can purchase the matching dies, for when you aren't making a single layer card! I've heard it's on backorder now, but should be back in stock soon.  I purchased mine from Butterfly Reflections, Ink, check out Vanessa's store and when they're back in stock, she'll hook you up! Butterfly Reflections, Ink. - Click here to shop

And for the finishing touches, that awesome sentiment is from SimonSaysStamp.  It's called "Handwritten Borders" and those precious enamel dots are my favs..by Doodlebug!

I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend and please follow along on my blog, I'd love to have you join my page!

I've also entered my card in the following challenges:

http://challengeupyourlife.blogspot.com/2015/02/challenge-up-your-life-9-one-layer.html#.VOpK8fnF9LA

11 comments:

  1. SUPER kEWT!!!!! You know how I love these elephants!!!! Mine have been inked, just not colored in yet!!! Well I love your recovery on the balloon and i would have never guessed it was a die cut!! Well played my friend... well played!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nazeema, I'm glad you couldn't tell the balloon was an imposter :) This is the second card I've made with this set, It's going to be a long time fav of mine for sure. Can't wait to see what you make with your elephants!

      Delete
  2. Oh,... the number of times a marker has puked all over my creations.... But you saved it admirably. It's absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice card! If you have not mentioned it, I wouldn't know, that the balloon is a die cut! Great job :)
    Thanks for playing with us a t Challenge up your life!
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Amanda & your colouring is just perfect!
    Have a great week :o)
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! Vomiting Copics! I have one that has done that to me... like a big drop of ink suddenly comes out, slides down the tip and BLECH all over the paper. Darn thing. This card is darling!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ellies are TOO CUTE with that big ole balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so adorable and love the design of these little 3 elephants! Great thinking on the balloon...it goes perfect for the scene. Also, thanks for stopping over my blog which got me here to yours. Joining as one of your new followers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I promise not to tell anyone about the Copic disaster. It will be our secret. ;)

    Susan R. Opel, Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely adorable! Cutest little elephants I've ever set my eyes on! Awesome coloring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahh the little elephants are just too cute! And yes, the other ladies already told you, your coloring is awesome! Thanks for playing along over at Challenge up your life! Hugs Julia

    ReplyDelete